Managing personal data for your customers and users of your product is a big responsibility. At Intentwise we have always put security at the forefront of all that we do.
We DO NOT sell any customer data that we collect as part of our website or application. Internally, we use the data that we collect to make the product better, and in return provide a better user experience to our customers.
What is GDPR?
GDPR is a European Union privacy law approved by the European Commission, to govern the collection, processing, use and storage of personal data relating to any individual in the EU (citizens, residents and visitors). The law also applies to EU citizens living abroad. The legislation is the biggest change to data protection in decades.
Who does GDPR apply to?
GDPR applies to organizations who collect and process personal data of EU citizens, regardless of where the organization is located. The regulation applies to all facets or groups within an organization such as HR, Finance, Marketing etc.
PII or Personally Identifiable Information is any data that can be used to identify a person, including email addresses.
Some of the core areas GDPR mandate:
- Organizations are more accountable for any data breaches and communicating about them
- Companies will be required to keep audits of a person’s consent to disclose personal information
- GDPR requires that an organization clearly states how it plans on using the information that it collects
- GDPR also requires that each organization assigns a Data Protection officer who is responsible for being compliant
- GDPR requires that users of EU citizens have easy access to remove/change or delete their personal information
How are we preparing for this?
We think the GDPR is a great step towards customers rights over their own personal data. We have been working on doing all the right things to be compliant with GDPR well ahead of the May 25th, 2018 deadline.
We have identified all core areas to be compliant on, and are placed well to be GDPR ready by the deadline mandated. This includes all the partners we work with.
If you have any questions around security or GDPR do send us an email
At Intentwise, we provide an AI based AMS optimization platform. With its automated reporting, diagnostics and recommendations, it is the fastest way to manage and grow your AMS channel. If you are interested in trying out the platform, schedule a Demo now!